7/08/2014

A Story A Day. Story 185 of 365: Sometimes.

I have always been shy, and when I'm in new places I'm just worse. Much worse, I become afraid of everyone, I think everyone is judging me, and I never consider cool people would like to hang out with me because I'm so uncool. However, apparently, I'm not, or no one else considers me to be, and I'm always caught off guard. Like that time with Sue.

I was scared of Sue, she was so serious and so confident, I didn't think we could possibly have anything in common. So when she approached me I was terrified, I seriously though she would eat me.

-Do you want to go for an ice-cream after work?

-What do you mean go for an ice-cream?- it was a stupid question, but she had startled me.

-You know what an ice-cream is, right?

-Of course, it's just,... yes, I'd love to.

It ended up being one of the most fun afternoons I've ever had, we connected instantly, and talked about everything and about nothing. That was the start of a long-lasting friendship. Some years later I confessed to her that I had been afraid of her, that I almost hadn't know how to react, but that I was glad I had accepted to go with her. She just smiled and replied.

-Sometimes, an ice-cream is just an ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment