7/23/2014

A Story A Day. Story 200 of 365: Narcissus.

-So, Mr. King, could you tell me a bit about yourself?

-You said this was for a magazine? You'll also need some pictures, for sure.

-Yes, yes, we will take care of this mater later.- the interviewer replied.- But first tell our readers a bit about yourself.

-Well, I am a musician, I started playing the piano when I was three and I've practiced unceasingly since. I wanted to become the best piano player in the world, and right now I can say I have finally accomplished my objective. I have the perfect balance between passion and technique, and the public loves me. However, the critics are jealous of my talent and they always write bad reviews about my concerts, they are too narrow-minded to understand my music.

-So, you say people loves your shows,...

-They do! You should see the emotion on their faces, it's mesmerizing. Everyone loves me! And the girls,... don't get me started with the girls,... I have to shoo them away as if they were flies!

-Is there any special girl in your heart?

-No, not yet. I still have to find someone who understands me fully, who is as passionate, as perfectionist as I am. I am basically saving myself for the female version of me, and if she never comes along, so be it.- he looked at his reflection on the wall-wide mirror.

-Good luck with that, then. Let's go back to your professional life. What are your future goals?

-Right now, I'm on a retreat, relaxing, and listening to myself to find the music in me that needs to be heard by the rest of the world. I hope that, of these few months of meditation, I'll get a whole new album that I'm going to release with my record company. After that I'll do an international tour, visiting some of the most famous cities of the world. I know my fans are eager to listen to my new music.

-To end the interview, would you like to say anything to your fans?

-Yes, I want to tell them I love them almost as much as I love myself.

The interviewer left the room and left him alone inside the mirrored room. On the other side, looking through the one-way glass, the team of psychiatrists and nurses were staring at Mr.King, astonished. After a while, one of the doctors broke the silence.

-Nor only is he completely tone-deaf, he's clearly delusional and a narcissist.- she announced.-He doesn't even realize he's in a mental ward!


No comments:

Post a Comment