7/24/2014

A Story A Day. Story 201 of 365: Volley.

I could hear their laughter. They were playing in the sun, on the sand. I got closer to the window and I could see how they were playing beach volley. The sun rays were caressing their young bodies, making their skin tan.

The sea was calm, and blue, stretching to the horizon. The sand was golden, shining under the sun. Their laughter and the waves crashing mixed their sound. I looked longingly, wishing I was there. I closed my eyes and pictured myself playing with my friends, jumping on the sand, stretching my arms towards the sky. I opened my arms again, and I was still inside the house, but for one short glorious moment I had been outside, the air messing with my long hair.

I wheeled myself apart from the window, there was no point in dreaming, there was no chance I could play with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment