11/22/2014

A Story A Day. Story 322 of 365: Tease (Part III).

When she stormed out of the bar, she was disappointed, she had been very clear on what that meant or should mean, he hadn't played by the rules. She had had fun, she couldn't deny it. But it had been only that. Nothing else. He was a very good friend, but she couldn't see herself dating him. It was wrong. Yet she shouldn't have gotten so mad at him. She knew it had been a one time thing, she would've liked to repeat, but it would hurt him too much. She called him the following day and asked him to meet her for coffee. He was already waiting for her when she arrived. As he saw her, he stood up.

-Look, I wanted to apologize...- he started. 

-I'm the one who has to apologize. I treated you unfairly, you were just letting me know how you feel. I should've listened and waited. I basically covered my ears and ran away. You deserved to explain yourself. I was a jerk. 

-Yes, a bit.- he laughed, and just like that all the tension disappeared.  

She smiled in return. 

-So, I guess that was the only time we are going to sleep with each other, wasn't it?- he asked. 

-Yes, it's the best for both of us. If it happened again I would feel I was using you, and you would feel bad, because you want it to become something else. Something it can't be right now. 

-Too bad, it was some of the best sex I have ever had. 

-I told you I was good.- she teased him. 

-Heck, I wasn't bad either. 

They both laughed. They couldn't sleep together, but they didn't need to stop being friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment