2/13/2016

Pool

"Duck" Krista whispers.

I oblige, hiding behind the hedge bushes until the police patrol car's lights get lost at the end of the street. I can feel my heart beating wildly inside my chest, I have never done anything like this. Krista gets up from her crouching position and I follow her. Soon we arrive at the chainlink fence surrounding the pool. The streetlights reflect on the water, sparkling. Krista throws her shoes over the fence and starts climbing. I stare at her, hesitating.

"Are you going to chicken out?" she says from almost the top of the fence.

I shake my head, of course not. However, climbing the fence is not as easy as she makes it look, the chainlink hurts both my feet and hands and when I reach the top I'm exhausted. I look down and see how she is already lying on the grass surrounding the pool. When I finally reach the other side, she gets up impatiently.

"It took you forever!"

"Sorry." I apologize.

She is not listening anymore instead, she is taking off her clothes. Her pale skin shines under the stars, her dark hair cascading down her back. I'm hypnotized staring at her soft curves, at the muscles defined under her skin, at the sharp bones of her shoulder blades. She turns around and I notice she's completely naked, her breasts are small but firm, covered in freckles, her stomach is flat. My eyes wander for a second and I catch a glimpse of a bit of dark hair between her legs. Something stirs inside of me and I feel flustered.

"What are you waiting for?" She asks impatiently.

I undress in a hurry, trying to hide as much of my body as I can from her. My stomach isn't flat as hers is, my breasts are bigger, my skin isn't as smooth as hers is, and my hair clings tight close to my scalp in curls. There is no way she will ever like me. I look up and see her waiting at the edge of the pool. "Let's do this." I tell myself as I walk next to her and take her hand to jump into the water. The water is on the warm side after it has been heated up by the sun for the whole day. As we emerge back to the surface, the air feels cooler. I look at Krista, her eyes twinkling, smiling. I smile back and feel this feeling again in my stomach. I love her, I know. Out of the blue, she pulls me close and kisses me. Her lips are soft, her breath is minty from the toothpaste, and her skin feels warm against mine. I want to caress her, I want to explore her, I want this moment to never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment