4/12/2016

Die

Delilah wasn't the most popular girl in school, she knew that. She was nerdy and had few friends other than her best friend Jane. Jane was mildly popular and always invited her to go to her sleep-overs and to parties with other girls of the class. Delilah didn't mind the other girls didn't talk to her, she was happy having Jane because she knew she could always count on her friend. The stares and the laughs didn't matter because she had Jane.

They grew up and became teenagers and Delilah kept being the half-ostracized girl she had always been, nerdy and awkward, with thick glasses and no interest in fashion. Jane, on the other hand, blossomed, all the boys were crazy for her, all the girls wanted to be her, and Delilah became a nuisance.

One particular day, Delilah was pestering Jane asking her about a date her friend had been on. Jane had already explained everything she wanted to say to her friend, but Delilah kept asking for more.

"What did you feel? Do you love him?" Delilah kept asking.

"I don't know, Lil! Just stop asking!"

"But, Jane, I want to know."

"For Christ's sake! ENOUGH!" Jane shouted startling her friend. "I'm tired of you, I can't stand you anymore. I hate you and if I'm your friend it's because my mother asked me to. I don't want to see you anymore!"

Delilah stood still, frozen in place, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

"What do you want me to do?" she muttered.

"Kill yourself. Die. I don't care."

No comments:

Post a Comment