12/29/2016

New Year's Resolutions. Again? Yes, AGAIN.

As usual for a few years now, when the year comes to an end I make some promises to myself for the following year and evaluate the previous year's resolutions. Last year's was hilarious, this year's probably not so much.

Anyway,... let's see what did I say last year. Each item is one point.


1. Love myself more. Believe I deserve the things I have and pamper myself from time to time.
Oh, goodness, oh, oh, oh. Wasn't I optimistic and naïve and thought that I would actually pamper myself in this crap, CRAP, of a year? I mean I tried, but life got in the way. Also, I did love myself more than previous years, but I still don't believe I deserve some of the things I have. So maybe half a point
2. Take time off from time to time.
Nope, nope, nope. In one word: THESIS. I mean, sure I took time off after that, but I needed some before and I worked almost every weekend. 0 points for me. 
3. Keep reading.
Yeeees! And I bought a ton of books too! (Maybe not a ton). 1 point!
4. Keep writing.
Yeees! And I started a new WIP and won NaNoWriMo again! 1 point!
5. Try to train a bit more than I have this year.
Nope, I did train a lot, but I also got injured, so... yet, that is not an excuse! 0 points. 
6. Learn something new.
Eeeeeh,... I tried? I did try, but I was very busy,... very very busy. 0 points. 
7. Be more open about my feelings.
Eeeemmmmm,... no. I tried, sometimes, but I didn't. I probably ended up hurting some people in the process, but there are some things that are hard to change. 0 points. 

Soooo,... the grand total is of... 3.5 out of 7. Which means I fail. Again.

Okay, so it means that now I need to make resolutions for this next year. Which I expect to be a hard long year. And in views of what happened this last year, I thought they should be a bit different. So here we go.

1. Fight for my rights and against those that want to take them away from me.
2. Be aware of my mental health and the triggers that make it worse. I don't need to spend another year balancing between anxiety and depression.
3. Enjoy science with all my heart. Science is an integral part of me, as writing is.
4. Don't feel ashamed when I decide to stay home instead of going out. I need my time alone.
5. Accept that sometimes things don't work the way I want them to.
6. Don't feel pressured to do something because someone else wants to do it. I have my needs too, and they don't always need to be the same.

Looking at this list again,... when did I become an adult? Anyway, tune in next year so you can see how horribly I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment