3/20/2012

Of lifestyles

As a kid I was never a cool or a popular girl. I was naive and well behaved, I liked to study and I had nice and well behaved friends who turned out to be nice and well behaved girls. And we all were unbearably boring, we did what our parents wanted us to do and we were scared of doing anything that was different from the things that people we knew did.

I met a couple of this friends the last weekend. They are nice and they are my friends and even though I don't see them frequently it's always nice to catch up, but I felt as if I had changed a lot and they had remained the same. It felt weird, it was like going straight to the past. I'm not the most cosmopolite person of the world, but I've seen a fair share of it, I've travelled and I've even lived alone in a completely unknown country, but compared to them it was as if I was from a big cosmopolitan city (London, New York, L.A., whatever) and they were from a tiny rural area. It was unsettling. I'm used to speak my mind with my group of friends and some of the things we usually say would have scandalized them.

I tend to complain about my life being never changing and people around me being kinda conservative, but compared to this girls that's nothing. They are my friends and I loved them, but I couldn't help feeling uneasy. I guess it's just a lifestyle choice and maybe the right one is not mine neither their, but I couldn't help imaging how would my life be if I had the same lifestyle they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment