3/14/2016

Epiphany

The water around her was cool and she floated on it, completely relaxed. The sound of the waves crashing on the shore nursed her to sleep. She was in complete calm until an aggressive sound intruded. She moved to try to locate the origin of it and woke up in her room. Troy was sleeping by her side, breathing lightly. On the nightstand, her phone rang vibrating and flashing its led light. 

"Beth! Beth! I had an epiphany!" an excited voice shouted excited at the other end of the line. 

Beth checked the hour on her wristwatch.

"Luisa, it's 3 am!" she replied in a sleepy voice.

Troy stirred by her side and opened his eyes. Beth signed him to get back to sleep. 

"Is it?" Luisa didn't seem to care. "It doesn't matter, Beth, I found the one!"

Beth rolled her eyes at that, Luisa had found the one so many times she seemed to have one thousand soul-mates, why would this time be any different?

"You did?" she asked, more sarcastically rather than excitedly. 

"Yes! She's amazing. You have to meet her!"

If Beth had been given one dollar every time Luisa had told her she had to meet someone, she would be rich. 

"I'm happy for you." She said wondering whether she could go back to sleep and leave her friend speaking alone. 

"Beth! That's not everything. I told you I had an epiphany! Think about all the guys I've ever liked or dated, they all were quite feminine. What if the only reason I liked them was because they look like women and I really only like women?"

Beth rolled her eyes again.

"Lu, how drunk are you?"

"I'm not drunk!" Luisa defended herself. 

"Yes, you're. We have talked about this one thousand times already. Every time you like someone you start wondering why did you like other people. And every time I have to remind you that you like whoever you like for the reasons you like them. And to stop drinking. And to stop calling me at 3 am. And that you're a proud bisexual who likes everyone."

"But, Beth!"

"Go to sleep, Luisa. And don't screw it up with this girl, now."

No comments:

Post a Comment