1/05/2017

Dream On. Chapter 8: Explanations.

Previously...

Explanations


Robert hadn't stopped asking for explanations, despite the silence of his friend. Finally, they found a 24-hour cafeteria and Albert signaled him in. He ordered two coffees and tried to catch up his breath.
-Are you going to tell me why did you pull me out of the party or not?- Robert said exasperated.
-Yes, I will, but I need to settle myself down a bit before. Everything is just too weird.
The waitress arrived with the coffees and some cookies. She set them on the table and left.
-Ok, I want you to listen, what I’ll tell you might sound weird, but it’s true. You’re going to think I’m crazy or that I’m lying, but I think I’m going to need someone there for me.
-Sure, Albert. I won’t judge until you’ve finished.- assured his friend.
-Well, it all started when I was six. One day I woke up from a really strange dream, the kind of dream that makes you feel powerless. I always thought it had been just a bad dream and that it meant nothing, until recently. Just before coming to the university, on the very day we meet, my grandma told me that she knew about that dream, that it had been the first sign of my power, that it had been my first awakening as a dreamer, that the second and final awakening would come soon, and that I should be really careful with a girl.- he was talking fast, his words piling up on his tongue.- She didn’t tell me which girl it was, she only told me that she would want to take profit of my power and that she would do anything to gain me for her side. I have to confess you that I thought she had gone crazy, that it was just some old-woman-rambling, that she just wanted me to be careful around girls and that was her reason to tell me that. But that was until this night, she was right, that girl is Marla, she showed me a book, and she told me that she wanted my help, she told me I am a Dreamer. There’s something really wrong with that girl, she’s not what she looks like, she’s dangerous, I could feel it.
He stopped talking breathless and looked at his friend over the cup of coffee. Robert looked lost for words.
-Say something.- Albert urged him.
-Well,… it’s certainly weird, but it is so weird that I don’t think you could have invented it all. And it would be an excuse way too bizarre to get away from a girl, especially a girl like Marla.- he said half-jokingly.
Albert sighed, it was much more than he had expected actually.
-Thanks, man. It means a lot to me that, at least, you don’t think I’m crazy because I had started to think that maybe I was.
-What are you going to do now?
-I don’t know, I’ll have to try to avoid Marla at all costs, I guess. It’s going to be difficult, however, I’ll still have to see her at class every day. I’ll talk to my grandmother too, I think she knows more than she told me; maybe she’ll be able to give me some advice.
-Well, I’m here for you.- Robert assured him.- If there’s anything I can do to help, just tell me.
-Thanks, but right now I just want to go to sleep.
-I think I can help with that, let’s go. – he said while standing up.














-->

No comments:

Post a Comment