1/08/2017

Dream On. Chapter 10: Avoidance.

Previously...

Avoidance

Albert was exhausted of having to hide around the campus, he had been avoiding Marla for more than a month and he was really eager to go on Christmas holidays, which would give him some time to rest. He had lost count on how many times he had slipped into the men’s bathroom when he saw Marla coming. He had started entering the lecture room just seconds before the professors and sitting in the first row, he would also get out of the class as soon as it was over. He didn’t want to give her the opportunity to talk to him, even if it was with more people around. At that moment, he was glad that his dorm building had a strict “no-girls” policy, even if it was for other reasons since it meant that he didn’t feel hunted in there. He was lying on his bed when Robert got in the room.
-Hey, how are you doing?- he asked.
-Tired…-Albert replied languidly.
-Have you heard about your grandmother already?
Albert sat up.
-No, she just won’t pick up the phone for anyone, my mom tried to reach her a thousand times, but she won’t reply, and apparently she is never home, either. This is just too weird.- he was exasperated.
His friend looked at him, understanding. Then he sat on his bed looking at Albert.
-Well, I have some good news for you. Marla is apparently going out of town for a week.
-Are you sure? How do you know?- Albert looked relieved.
-The whole campus knows! She’s going to film an advertisement or something, Dalia told me.
-Great! I need some relax after so much tension!
Robert smiled. He was glad to see his friend relaxed for a change.
-Do you want to go out for a drink tomorrow night? Dalia told me about this place in the center, next to the cathedral, where there’s live music.
-Sure, why not? But… won’t I be a bit of a third-wheel?
Robert blushed to the roots of his hair.
-What do you mean?
-C’mon, man! I know that you like her, don’t you?- he said teasingly.
-Me? No!- he said getting even redder.
-Don’t lie to me! I’ve seen the way you look at her, and how you act when she’s around, you’re always checking out where she is and what she’s doing. You always wait for her to go for lunch.
-Well, yes, maybe I like her a bit, but I don’t think she does like me.- he said lowering his head.
-Man, you’ve to fight for her! Show her that you like her, tell her!
-It’s not so easy! You know I’m awkward and shy and I don’t know how to talk about feelings,…
-One step at a time then. And you’ll start tomorrow.









-->

No comments:

Post a Comment