12/12/2014

A Story A Day. Story 342 of 365: Best (Part XII).

As soon as she left the bookstore, Ismene called Eirian. Her friend had told her she would pick her up for lunch, but they hadn't agreed on anyting. When she finally picked the phone up, she told Ismene to go to her place, that she had prepared something to eat. The Greek girl protested, she didn't have time to pick anything for dessert or to drink, but her friend would have none of it. Eirian lived not too far from the bookstore, in a penthouse. It was a roomy flat, with a large terrace, and even a small swimming pool. Ismene was surprised, that wasn't what she had expected. Eirian made her sit in the terrace while she took out the drinks and the food. 

-How the hell do you pay for this?- she asked as soon as her friend sat down. 

-My family has more money than I could spend in all my life.- Eirian shrugged her shoulders. 

-You're kidding me. 

-I'm not, I do science because I like it, and because my parents think it's something no one will ever be able to live from, for them it's my hobby, so they give me money and stuff. I'm happy, they are happy, everyone is happy. 

-You can't be serious.- Ismene was still in denial. 

-Oh, I am, dead serious. Anyway, we aren't here to talk about my family's wealth.- she said while nibbling in some home-made pizza.- We are her to talk about you and a certain gentleman called Leo. 

Ismene laughed. 

-Don't laugh, young lady! I want to know every detail.- the blond girl told her off. 

-Okay, okay. So we met at the Cathedral, and he kissed me as he saw me,...

-Wow, that escalated quickly! 

-Shut up and let me talk! He kissed me, but I scolded him. He can't go stealing kisses just because he feels like it! He did make up for it, though. He took me to eat pancakes, and then around the city. He's a lousy tourist guide, he knew the places, but he didn't know what had happened there. It was fun, anyway. Then we had lunch. 

-Was he trying to go to bed with you or to make you burst from overeating? 

-I love food! It's the best thing in the world, the second best sometimes. And he has really good taste, actually.- she remembered something.- There was one thing,... Apparently I'm the only girl he has ever taken to the pancake place, despite him going there quite often. That had me thinking, do you think it means anything? 

-Who knows, maybe he just wanted pancakes. Anyway, I'm more interested on some other aspects,...

-Are you going to let me tell the story as I want, or do we have to go straight to the point?- she continued without letting her answer. - After lunch he took me to that huge park on the other side of the city, and we climbed to the hill where you have some spectacular views over the city, and where you can actually see the sea. I had a meltdown there, and he was so sweet, I couldn't help but kiss him. He was cool with it, I mean he didn't say anything to spoil it, he understood I had needed to kiss him, and he accepted it. We actually went for gelato after that, and it made me feel better. And, then, he took me bowling, and competition raises a certain primary instinct in me, so before I knew we were considering to which house should we go. 

-His? 

-Yes. 

-Tell me everything. 

-Oh, dear, a lady doesn't tell.- Ismene said with fake modesty. 

-You ain't a fucking lady, Is. You fucked fucking Leo.- she rolled her eyes in exasperation. 

-Well, I'll tell you it was the best sex I've had in ages. Just like that. He not only looks like he knows what he's doing, he knows what he's doing. 

-Aren't you forgetting something?- Eirian made an explicit gesture with her hands. 

-Sometimes a SUV is not the most comfortable car, but it wasn't a Smart either.- Ismene winked at her friend. 

-I hate you. No, I don't. I envy you, actually. Are you going to repeat? 

-I don't know, it was fun and everything, but you need something else in a relationship. At least I do, I need someone who fills me - Eirian laughed at that, and Ismene side-eyed her.- intellectually. Someone like Frode. 

-True, you went to his bookstore, right? Still, are you serious? You have Leo, why would you want anyone else? I wouldn't. 

-I'm attracted to complicated men, apparently. I'm not sure how it works, but I just feel like if they were a problem I need to find a solution to, you know? Kind of what happens with science. 

-And I think you're wrong in the head, and you should focus on Leo and forget about the bookkeeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment