1/22/2017

Dream On. Chapter 12: An unexpected visit.

Previously...

An unexpected visit


-Hi, Myriam- replied Robert with a mocking smile.
-Cough, cough,… hi, Myriam!- said Albert whipping the beer from his face.
-Sorry I’ve startled you. Do you mind if I join in?- she asked.
-Sure, grab a seat.
Myriam took a chair from a nearby table, and left the guitar she was carrying standing against the wall.
-So, are you playing tonight?- Albert asked curiously.
-I’ve already played actually.- she said while tugging her hair behind her ears.
-Oh, no we missed you… wait, were you the girl who was just playing now?
She smiled and nodded shyly.
-You were fabulous! Everyone seemed to love you!
-Thank you, I’ve played in here for quite a bit now. I really like it, people was so supportive when I started playing, and now I just want them to enjoy with me, that's why they cheer so much, even if I'm not that great.- her face lit up when she talked about her music.
-You’re so brave, I don’t think I could ever do that. Besides, I’m a terrible singer.- admitted Albert.
-I don’t believe you! You’ve got a really rich voice!- Myriam said.- I’m serious, I can teach you how to control it whenever you want!- she added after seeing the look of disbelief on his face.
-Would you? That would be awesome!
Robert stared in incredulity from the other side of the table. Dalia tugged his arm.
-C’mon, let’s leave them alone.- she whispered. –Guys, I’m really tired, we’re leaving. Robert is taking me home.
-But we’ve just arrived!- complained Albert.- Stay a bit longer.
-No, you stay, I’m really tired, I’m serious.- she insisted.
-Well, ok, see you tomorrow, then.
Dalia took Robert by the arm and led him outside.
-So, what now?- asked him.
-Hmmm it’s way too early to go back… Wanna see my secret spot?
She started walking towards a narrow street by the cathedral. She approached a side door, and signed Robert to be quiet. Then she took out a key of her purse and opened the door.
-How the…-started Robert.
-Shh, get in.- whispered Dalia.




-->

No comments:

Post a Comment