9/02/2011

We don't value what we got

There are lots of things that we have and we do and we never value them, I'm not talking about things like a family or education or work, I'm talking about things we do unconsciously, like seeing, hearing, walking, breathing, etcetera.

I was really close to be sitting in a wheelchair for all my life, really really close, hadn't it been for a doctor that believed in himself and tried something different when I was born I wouldn't have been able to walk, but here I am walking on my feet as if it was the most natural thing to do. And it is but it could have not been, still as I said I walk without thinking and only sometimes I think how life would have been in a wheelchair, specially when I take the metro or the train, and I realize that I am lucky.

These kind of things that most of us take for granted aren't so for some people and we only realize how important they are when we have some kind of problem. Just stop and think how many of the things you do everyday you wouldn't be able to do if you couldn't hear, see or walk. I know that if I couldn't walk I wouldn't be able to go to Barcelona every day on my own by train, the train station I usually get out in doesn't have an elevator, or I wouldn't be able to take the metro, or maybe only in some places. 

The point is that we complain we have problems but we could have bigger problems, I'm not saying that being blind or deaf or wheelchair bound is something that you cannot overcome but certainly depending on the places it makes life a bit more difficult and we that don't have any of this problems don't value it as we should.

No comments:

Post a Comment