6/03/2014

A Story A Day. Story 150 of 365: Monarchy.

"You're my princess" he would tell me. I was young, vain, and stupid, and I ended up believing him. Eventually I wanted to become more, I wanted to be her queen, I wanted to rule over him, instead of being partners. He consented me, he would let me do whatever I wanted as long as I stayed with him, he thought he was lucky to be with me, that he couldn't get anyone better, because no one was better than me. I became a narcissistic spoiled despot, and I thought I had the right to be so because he had crowned me his queen.

I ruled over him, I thought I was gracious, but I was easily offended whenever he said something I didn't like. He always apologized, he always set everything up so I didn't have to wait. I became out of touch with reality. I thought I needed expensive dresses and fancy food. I couldn't understand how girls could live without such a constant attention. And I started to forgot he was actually my boyfriend, not just a servant, and that was when he left.

I crashed, and I crashed hard. My life fell apart, not having someone to treat my every wish. I didn't know how to interact with people anymore. I treated everyone who tried to help me as I had treated him and they all ran away. With time I learnt that life was not like I had lived it. And I learnt to forgive him for what he had let me become, and forgive myself for being so selfish. I didn't want to be a queen anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment