7/04/2015

Not the only one

She fidgeted nervously while he was pouring himself coffee; she wanted to tell him something but was afraid of his reaction. He remained oblivious of her nervousness, it always took him longer to be fully awake in the morning, he was a night owl. They were sitting at the kitchen of the loft they had been sharing for two years since they moved in together. Before that they had dated for a year. He stirred his coffee slowly, almost falling asleep over the cup. 

-I want to tell you something.- she said, unable to wait for one more second.-But promise me you won't say anything before I finish. 

-Cynthia, I'm too sleepy to talk, right now, you can tell me anything and I won't interrupt. 

-Promise, Dean. 

He rolled his eyes. 

-Pinky promise?-she glared at him, so he corrected himself.-Ok, ok, I promise. 

-When we started dating, we talked a lot about sexuality, as you might remember. You were the first guy I dated who didn't feel belittled by the fact that I am bisexual. You told me you understood me, that you supported me. And I loved you for that. And I still do. Yet, I have fallen in love with someone else.- Dean was on the verge of interrupting her, staring at her like an abandoned puppy.-Nothing has happened, because I wanted to come clear to you. And because I want you to understand that just because I have started loving her, it doesn't mean that I have stopped loving you. I still love you like I did, and I still want your love if you're willing to keep loving me. Yet, I also love her, because her love is different. I believe love is not a finite resource and that you can love more than one person at the same time. But I also believe all the parts must know. And that's why I am telling you. 

Dean looked at her confused. 

-What do you want me to tell you? 

-I only want to know if you'd be okay with it. With me having a romantic relationship with someone else. 

-Let me think about it.- he said before heading to the shower. 

Cynthia stared at the dirty mug wondering whether she had done the right thing or had doomed her relationship with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment