8/05/2015

Share

It was a quarter past eight, Juno was late. Simon had been waiting for twenty minutes and he was starting to worry. She appeared across the street, smiling her long hair streaming on the wind. She apologized for her lateness. Simon smiled and lead her to the restaurant where they had the reservation. Juno took his arm and cheerfully asked him about his day. It was their third date, and he felt it was going to the right place. 

At the restaurant they talked about everything, Juno's brown eyes smiling at him behind her long lashes. She had freckles on her nose and cheeks, and was very tan. She was pure energy. Simon was fascinated and he still couldn't believe he was dating her. During the dessert the conversation became a bit more insightful. 

-What do you think about polyamory?- Juno asked. 

-What? 

-Do you think it is possible to love more than one person at the same time? 

Simon thought about it while eating the lemon pie he had ordered. 

-Maybe. I guess,... I'm not sure. You can love several people at the same time, but in a romantic way,... How can you be sure that you love them both at the same level? And how should one feel when they are not getting undivided love? How should it feel to share someone?- he formulated outloud. 

-Love is not something limited. Our ability to love is endless. And if you love someone you want to make them happy, even if making them happy means sharing them with someone. 

-I don't know, I've never thought about it. Why did you ask, anyway? 

Juno looked at him straight in the eye. She was serious for the first time. 

-I need to tell you something, there is someone else in my life, someone I have loved for years, who has been there for me. Someone I still love. However, of late, I've found myself increasingly attracted to you. And I don't want to choose. I can't choose. I want both of you. 

-You have a boyfriend?- Simon replied, startled, raising his voice more than he needed to. 

-Shh! Girlfriend, actually. 

-Does she know we are going out together? 

-Of course she does! I would have never accepted your invitation if she hadn't been okay with it. 

-I don't know what to say.- he replied shacking his head. 

-I needed you to know. I needed to come clean. If I we are going to start a relationship you need to know who I am: a person who doesn't believe in loving only one person and who falls in love with that person regardless of anything else. 

-Juno,... I really don't know. 

-Think about it. You have as much time as you need. I'll be waiting for your call. 

After that she stood up, kissed him on the cheek, and went to pay the bill. Simon stayed at the table his head lost in clouds, he had two options, share that wonderful woman or lose her forever, but, was he willing to share? 


No comments:

Post a Comment