12/30/2015

New Year's Resolutions (That thing I keep doing for some reason)

Two years ago I started a tradition that consists on me saying I'll do a bunch of things during that year and then grading myself accordingly. As you can see from this post from last year, I failed 2014, which shouldn't come as a surprise. Now it's time to see how well did I fare on 2015 and make a list of things I'm not planning to fulfill on 2016.

Let's start the game. Here is the list of resolutions I made last year, in italics the comments on how well they fared.

1. Make reasonable New Year's resolutions.
Define reasonable. I don't think I did that one. 
2. Edit "Dream On" to the point it is publishable (For those of you who don't know it, "Dream On" is the name of my first novel).
Hahahahahahahaha I haven't touched it in a year and a half.
3. Finish "Best", and do something decent out of it (You can read the first draft on this blog, it's the short story that has been developing since December the 1st).
Double hahahahaha. I do have the idea on where I want it to go, but I still haven't finished it. And I have started a couple more, so there it goes. 
4. Enter some kind of sporting event (If it's possible at least one for each of the sports I regularly practice and/or a triathlon).
I ran a half-marathon and a 10k, so I guess this one is done. I've also started swimming in the sea, so there's that.
5. Read more (I won't give up).
YEEEEES! I did this one. Mostly by the end of the year, but it's done!
6. Sing solo again in front of public (Just because I'm a contralto it doesn't mean I can't do it).
I did that too. Only once, but there are so many songs I'd like to give a shot to, like some Adele (even if I'm light years away from her).
7. Enjoy more my friends.
Gosh, I've been a crappy friend, like a crappy crappy friend who has pushed friends away. Bad Laura!
8. Care less about what other people say (If I'm warm and I need to wear sandals, I'm not going to care about them dressing as if they were going to Siberia).
That's probably true, but I'm only going to award myself with half a point because I'm not sure how much of it was pretending that I didn't care.
9. Explore more (Not necessarily out of the country, but at every opportunity I have).
I did explore out of the country, but maybe not as much as I should have. That's another half-point. 

Drumroll, please. And the total mark for my 2015 resolutions is 4/9. And I fail again! I could have graded myself differently, probably, but I wanted to be fair with everyone (everyone being me (just in case you wondered which kind of professor would I be)). 

Now it's time to prepare the list of things I'm going to fail next year, and I'm completely blank. Let me think, I must have something lying around in my mind I could use.

1. Love myself more. Believe I deserve the things I have and pamper myself from time to time. 
2. Take time off from time to time. 
3. Keep reading. 
4. Keep writing. 
5. Try to train a bit more than I have this year. 
6. Learn something new. 
7. Be more open about my feelings. 

Okay, it's not many, but, taking into account I'm probably going to fail most of them, seven it's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment