5/26/2017

Dream On. Chapter 85: Fire.

Previously....

Fire

After making sure that Myriam was okay, although a bit freaked out for having to stay with a corpse, Albert headed back outside. Marla had cornered Dalia behind a pillar, and he could see that his friend was grabbing it as if it were a floating device. Whatever Dalia had done in the past, she didn’t deserve this, so he decided to intervene. He climbed back to the bench pile and shouted.

-You never get tired of being a bully, do you?

Marla turned around so fast that she almost lost balance.

-Why don’t you fight someone as powerful as you?- he hassled her.

-The little rabbit thinks he is a worthy opponent, doesn’t he?- she said throwing her head back in laughter.

-Well, this little rabbit took something from under your nose without you noticing, didn’t he? By the way, it is really ugly to kill elderly women.

Marla’s laughter stopped abruptly. She glanced at the top of the pile a second time to make sure what Albert said was true. In the meantime, Dalia had taken profit of not being the focus of her attention to sneak to one side of the building in order to go keep Myriam company.

-The little rabbit has grown bold, I see. But this doesn’t make you powerful, you just profited that your sneaky friend was distracting me. Everyone can do that, this doesn’t mean that you can compare to me, which you don’t. No one can compare to me, and you know why? Because that old woman that I killed, was the original Creator. She tried to fight me, but she had transferred me part of her powers, and she was helpless against me. Talking about powers, that little trick you pulled off in my room, I didn’t like it. It’s time to fix it.

Marla reached the back of her dress for the zipper and pulled it down. She then took her dress off, standing in there just with her red lingerie, her high-heel shoes and a bandage wrapping her stomach. She unwrapped it carefully, and Albert could see how some parts of the wounds still bleed a bit. It looked dramatic under the candlelight, and under other circumstances, she would have looked even sexy. She, then, looked down at it and touched the scars with her fingers, they started to vanish. Albert was surprised, although not much because he had already expected her to have more powers than she really knew. She kicked her shoes off, not having any intention of putting her dress back on.

-Well, little rabbit, now I will be able to forget, don’t you think? Let’s play.

She waved her hand making the flames on all the candles inside the temple burn higher and brighter. The ones surrounding the pyre became a solid wall of fire.

-You're not the only one who likes to play with fire, little rabbit. I must confess that I drew inspiration from the charred ruin you made of my precious garden. Although I wasn’t expecting you to be the one in the center of it, I must confess. I always pictured you pleading mercy while you saw how the flames were getting closer to that little woman of yours. Anyway, all is good, if you won’t work for me, you won’t be able to escape alive either. I am curious, what are you going to do now? You said that you were going to fight me, but as far as I remember you needed to be asleep to do so.

Marla was talking a lot, it was clear that she was confident, and that was good for Albert, the more confident she were the easier it would be for him to fool her.

-Maybe I will take a nap, in here, it looks pretty comfortable, and it is warm. I always liked to sleep warmly, and silently.- he saw a flicker of annoyance cross her straight face.- Anyway, I think I’m not the only problem you have, how come all those priestly friends of yours are locked outside?

-That’s none of your business.- she cut him.

-No, of course, it is clearly yours. However, I would start to get worried, because they seem to be finding a way to get in.

He focused on making the gates pound louder as if someone were trying to ram the door down. That made Marla turn around to make sure the gates stayed closed and still, which Albert profited to escape from the fire circle and get on the opposite site from Marla. He then lighted the pyre. The heat and the flame made Marla realize that something wasn’t as she expected.

-The little rabbit has learnt some tricks of his own too.- he said from the other side of the roaring fire.

-You shouldn’t be able to do this.- Marla shouted angrily.

-And you shouldn’t exist at all, and people doesn’t say that on your face.- Albert came back boldly.


-You are going to regret this.

No comments:

Post a Comment