10/06/2011

Yet another genius leaves us. Thank you Steve Jobs.

You might like Apple or not, but you have to admit that Steve Jobs was a visionary, he did awesome things and revolutionized informatics. This cannot be denied. That's why today is a sad day, even if everyone knew that his death was close (he didn't look any good on his last appearance) no one expected it to be so soon. Steve was fighting one of the most mortal cancers there are, and he clinched to live for a long time, longer than anyone would have expected him to. But unfortunately his time has come and there's nothing we can do to bring him back. We can only remember his words and what he did for everyone (even if you're not using a Mac you owe him some things, and also Pixar).

I know that this video I'm about to post will be posted everywhere, but I cannot resist posting it again.




I'm using a Mac and actually my story with Apple starts a long time ago. The first computer I used as a kid was a Black & White MacIntosh Classic, I didn't know about Mac and Windows back then, I was 8, but I knew I liked it, it was easy to use and it had that awesome drawing program that I loved (I'm actually planning on using it again, just to remember how it felt). At school we used Windows and it never worked properly for me, it was not what I had learned. More than three years ago I got myself a white MacBook, it was love at first sight, and I still got it, running as smoothly as the first day. It's not that I'm an Apple fangirl or anything it's just that its products work for me. That's why I thank Steve, I may not be using it for anything elaborate, but I appreciate it when things work as they should.

I would like to finish with a song, is not the kind of song you would expect, but Steve did put a part of him on each of his products. And he will remain, he will be remembered.





Once again, thanks Steve.

1 comment:

  1. el discurs que has posat és que és dels més motivadors que té... és una passada...

    ReplyDelete