12/31/2011

New Year's and other things that are kinda stupid

I had intended to write a book review as my last post of the year, but I'm feeling rebellious and I wondered why not write about the things I'd rather do tonight.

I don't know why, but tonight I don't feel festive or anything you're supposed to feel, I don't know it's just like any other day but someone decided that today was the last day of the year and that at midnight we start a new year. I think the new year should be on midday, you can do many more things on midday. Well anyways as I said this is a post of things I'd rather do today, like I'd rather be somewhere no one knew me and party like hell getting shitfaced before midnight or I'd rather be somewhere alone with no one else going to sleep whenever I wanted to not knowing if there was a new year or there wasn't, I'd rather go to some obscure pub where no one would be celebrating anything or to somewhere where people partied hard everyday no matter the day of the week.

But of course, I won't be able to do all those things because of family dinner and blablabla, instead I'll be dressing down and I've decided that the year will start whenever I want to, so maybe since the major change in my life was in October when I started my PhD my year shall start then and it won't be 2012 it'll be something else I need to count since my years will only start when something important has happened, so maybe I'll be in year 10 or 12 or else.

If you celebrate this new year then Happy New Year, if you want to join my idea you can do it freely.

For both...


Happy New Year (Frank Turner & Jon Snodgrass) by fthc

No comments:

Post a Comment