1/29/2012

Arctic Monkeys (Barcelona - 01/28/12)

Yesterday a friend and I went to the Arctic Monkeys' concert in Barcelona. We've been wanting to go to see them for a long time, but we couldn't go to FIB last year so when I heard they were coming we bought the tickets rapidly. However, I have to admit that since the last CD is so different to the other ones (and it took us some time to grow to appreciate it) we were kinda reluctant about the concert.

So, yesterday we drove to Barcelona and got to Palau Sant Jordi to see what Arctic Monkeys were gonna give us (the public). I've got to say that the organization was a bit messy and that the queues for the entrance where soon a mass of people without any order, and I think that some of the people who was in the seating places actually got in when Miles Kane was already on stage. By the way, I didn't know Miles and I really licked him, I danced and sang (I get the chorus lyrics pretty easily so I can sing along after listening only once).

Arctic Monkeys were really really good, I've never seen them live before so I cannot compare previous performances, but they were great and the sound was also really good, which is actually kinda difficult to find in a concert, I don't really know that. They played both old songs and new songs (Brick by Brick, I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, When The Sun Goes Down, Library Pictures, Brianstorm, 505, Fluorescent Adolescent), and although it was not a long concert I think they finished brilliantly and I didn't feel like I needed more songs. Of course I'd have loved to hear them play Mardy Bum or Cornerstone (I love this song), but they cannot play every song they've recorded, so I was more than happy with their selection. If there's something that I missed it might be a bit more of interaction with the public, I mean they did interact and Alex talked and everything, but before this concert I went to Mando Diao's and they were always teasing the public, but I guess this depends more on the person so you cannot change it.

Well, if you're asking yourself if you should go to an Arctic Monkeys' concert the answer is yes as long as you like their music. And, yes I'll go again when they come back.

P.D.: I plan on doing a review on every concert I go this year, so I can tell you that unless there's something for free coming up soon the next review will be about Frank Turner at Wembley Arena on April 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment