1/26/2012

Moral Integrity

Today at a seminar of the PhD programme we've been talking about conflicts of interest in Science, to do so we've done a role play in which one of us was a scientist in need of money. It made me think, a lot. Since I was playing the role of the scientist in need of money I was supposed to leave ethics appart and accept the money, but I have a really strict set of principles. Too strict maybe. I've realized that if something is against my beliefs or my opinions I'd rather starve than sell myself, and life is supposed to be about being flexible so you can move with the wind, but even knowing that I cannot do it. I guess it's just stubbornness and that as I grow old I'll be more keen on being flexible, that it comes with experience.

But young and stubborn as I am I may take some time to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment