2/18/2012

Things that I got lately

As long as two months ago can still be considered lately


I use to do this posts to tell you people about new music and books I buy, as it happens two months ago I did a really big purchase on Amazon, as big as this:

Yes, that's a box, a BOX.
So as you can see it is both books and music, I mean the CDs where so CHEAP I couldn't help but buying them!

Music I got lately

There were 4 CDs on that box, but as I know you can only see the one by the very excellent Mr. Frank Turner I'm gonna upload yet another picture. 
From left to right and from top to bottom: Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys, Whatever People Says I Am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys, The Trick To Life - The Hoosiers and Love Ire & Song - Frank Turner.
I know it looks like a strange choice but I like it. Arctic Monkeys' ones were extremely necessary since I was going to their concert and I wanted to listen to them on the car in a decent way, I think the people who was with me in my car wasn't so happy about it because mainly it included blasting the music around, but... that's what there was. Frank's one is the one I needed the most, I've already "Poetry of the Deed" and I need to get all of them so I thought that since "Photosynthesis" is one of my favorite songs I should get the CD were it is first. Finally, I love The Hoosiers how they are so energetic and uplifting and I really like playing "The Trick Of Life" on my car, so I got their first CD, but I have to confess that since I was so overexcited with Arctic Monkeys I still have to listen to it throughly, I'll do it asap.


Books I got lately

I know you could perfectly see which books I got, but still here's another picture of them. 

A Song Of Ice And Fire Boxset and A Dance With Dragons - George R.R. Martin

Basically since I started watching the TV series I decided I needed to read the books (I should be ashamed for this maybe, but well at least I'm reading the books and not saying the TV series are better), I know buying them in bulk was a bit of a gamble if I didn't like them, but luckily I'm quite happy, for sure I enjoyed some more than others, for me A Feast For Crows was a bit more difficult to read than the others, but I can say that I'm really looking forward the next book, which I know it's going to take some time to be released... and I guess I can do nothing but wait. 

Well, that's it for now. Maybe in a short time I'll do another one of these posts... who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment