7/17/2012

Me and the sea

I've always had a really special relationship with the sea, it would seem natural since I live in a Mediterranean country, but I do not know many people who feel like I do when I'm close to the sea. I guess that explaining something that happened to me not a month ago is going to help you understand. 

In June, in Spain, there's this tradition of going to celebrate the summer solstice in the beach (and get into the water), so some friends and I went to a beach close to were we live so we could have dinner. The first thing I did when we got there was take off my shoes walk on the sand and get to the shore so I could feel the cool water while staring at the sea. After dinner I decided to get into the water (only one of my friends was brave enough to come with me) and I just stayed there feeling the sea, the peacefulness, but my friends where impatient because I was not with them so I had to go back. After a while, when I was fully dressed, and because I needed it, I sat on the shore, watching the waves form sea foam, I don't know how long did I stay like that, but again, my friends were wondering what was I doing. 

I think I can't be the only person in the world who feels safer and calmer inside the sea. It helps me quiet my mind, relax and become more creative, but for that I need to be alone in a silent environment where the only thing I can hear is the sea. 

1 comment:

  1. T'entenc perfectament... em passa el mateix. Pero jo el que necessito per estar completament relaxada es ficar el cap sota l'aigua i veure què s'hi cou. I com vegi un peix allà menjant m'hi passaria hores mirant-lo, escoltant de lluny les onades i d'aprop com respiro amb l'snorkel

    ReplyDelete