3/14/2014

A Story A Day. Story 69 of 365: High.

I closed my eyes, hoping the faces on the wall would banish. But they didn't. I could hear them whisper, laughing at me. There were three of them. One was a normal human face of a woman, only her skin was dark blue and her eyes red. She had razor sharp teeth that showed in a horrible smile. Her hair was a plain brown, that seemed out of place. The second face was barely a draft of a face. It had two small slits that were its eyes, and a larger one that was its mouth. It also had two small holes for the nostrils. Until it started speaking, there was no way to know it was a man's face. The third face was the worst. It wasn't human, it wasn't anything I had ever seen. She had large white eyes, so large that they took up half of her face, but no visible pupil. Her skin was pitch black and scaly. Her lips had been cut away and her toothless mouth was always open. She was the one that scare me the most, and also the one my eyes were drawn to all the time. That's why I closed them. I tried to cover my ears with my hands, but their voces slipped between my fingers. 

-Dylan. Dylan.- the blue face whispered, her voice sweet as a mother's. 

-Dylan. Dylan.- the rough voice of the faceless face shouted. 

-Dylan. Dylan.- the sibiline voice of the scary face called. 

Her voice was like a magnet to me and I opened my eyes. But it was no longer her, and there were no longer three faces. It was only one face. A face I had know really well, Elsa's. She was frowning, her grey eyes full of anger, as I had last seen her. 

-Why did you do it?- she repeated, but, as the time she had asked me in real life, I didn't have an answer. 

I remember having an anxiety attack and passing out. The following morning, when I woke up, I promised myself to never take anything Luke gave me, anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment