3/18/2014

A Story A Day. Story 73 of 365: Gone.

-You know? I still remember you, how could I forget you? There were more after you, a couple, but you were special. I still keep your things in a box, and, sometimes, I take them out and look at them. Your shirts still smell of you, you always smelt so good. This is one of the things I miss the most, your smell. And how you praised my cooking, you loved my meatballs, no one has liked as much since. It's been too long since I've last seen you, but we will meet again soon.

Claire saw her grandmother by the gravestone, talking to it as she would every time she went to visit. She went by her side and took her by the arm.

-Grandma, it's time to go.

The old woman didn't say anything, she just glanced once more at the old tombstone. "John Flanagan. 1958-1967" it read.

No comments:

Post a Comment