2/21/2011

Fashion and runway models

First of all I'm not a fashion victim or a fashionista and actually usually I tend not to like fashion (because sometimes it is stupid like these ugly boots that are so fashionable in Spain right now). I know that writing about fashion without being myself a fashion guru it's dangerous, but still this is the internet and everyone can say whatever it likes.

Well I'm saying all this because I just saw a runway on TV (Cibeles I think it was) and all the girls in there were sooooooooooo skinny, and they're supposed to weight a minimum, but still! I know that designers say that skinny girls is the only way their creations look good, but that's mainly because they make them for skinny girls (well I may be mistaken, but that's the feeling I get). Because, really, how many girls like those are in the world? And how many are going to wear something by those hyperexpensive designers? And how many not so skinny girls are going to wear those designs? Wouldn't it be better to make designs for girls who have fuller hips or fuller breasts or not so thin waists? Couldn't it looks gorgeous in these women? I don't mean girls like me I just mean thin girls that you can find in the street and who are not skinny enough to hit the catwalk. There are plenty of girls who would look amazing on those dresses just because they have SOMETHING to show.

I know I'm not going to change anything... and many of you may already expect that: feed me to the lions! But remember that I won't be criticizing when you write about science or medicine while knowing nothing about it... at least this is only an opinion not a "truth".

1 comment:

  1. Designers make exclusive clothes for exclusive women... if they do something for not-so-skinny-women, probably these not-so-skinny-women would wear this clothes (if they have money enough and if they like transparencies... why all the clothes are transparent??), and then it wouldn't be so exclusive.

    ReplyDelete