2/24/2011

Carl Norén - Owls

I'm not usually doing music reviews in here, but I couldn't help it, so let me introduce you: Carl Norén

You might know him for Sugarplum Fairy, but now he decided to go solo and release his first CD "Owls". The CD was officially out yesterday, and unofficially on Amazon as MP3 download since Monday and on CD format for I don't know how long. I got it just yesterday on iTunes for 9,99€.


If you are familiar with SF I might tell you that it's not exactly the same, actually is none of the same. I might be biased here, but it's a highly recomendable CD, there are some really amazingly soulful songs which make you feel the sadness or actually any other feeling they have. But there are also some "reworks" of the songs that were already on his myspace like "Tired of Running", "The Anger", "Going Out Tonight" or "That's The Way I Like It". Personally I just LOVE his voice and the way he can work it out in songs like "Brothers" or "Hide Away". The music also needs to be mentioned, the strings just help the emotions flow out and the piano is wonderful. Yeah, I know I make it sound wonderful, but hey! give it a try, you might like it, and that's what Spotify it's for right? (Sorry for the ones who don't have Spotify in their countries).

I know I haven't been objective, but it's just a recommendation. So here you've got a teaser with one of my favorite songs:


Actually you should check out his brother Victor too, he's on SF too but his solo style is really different, you'll be able to see it thanks to his weekly giveaway of songs, one song each Friday starting last friday and finishing on April 1 and I think the CD will come out on April 8.

P.D.: I see I'm not the right person to talk about music, but still... (I promise I won't do it again... 'til Viktorius CD comes out and then... we'll see!)

No comments:

Post a Comment