3/11/2011

日本 we are with you

This morning I woke up and went to work as usual. When I turned up the computer I checked my email and then I checked the news. And then I found out. I found out what happened in Japan, the quake, the tsunami, everything, and as the hours passed more and more news came.
I went to Japan this summer, it is a lovely country, I was amazed by their people, their food, their culture even if I could stay only for two weeks and I was rushing most of the time. I know they're prepared for this, but this was too much, way too much. I could not help but thinking that 7 months ago I was in Tokyo, for sure close to some of the buildings that have caught fire because of the quake. I've seen pictures of Yokohama and there have been some problems too. Still I didn't get to go north so I've never been to the most affected zone, I've never seen how they live and I don't know how much they will be affected by the consequences of this disaster.
I would love to be of some help, but I know I'm not, I don't think I could be of much help even if I was there. But still I don't think praying is the solution, it may smooth the feelings of people like me, but still it's useless for the people who are suffering, and since I'm an atheist I don't think my prayer would do any good. So instead of praying I'm writing this, to let them know they have people who cares, who's backing them at least emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment