4/17/2012

The Road To Wembley: A Trip To London (Part 1)

As you might know, this last week I went to London on vacation and I think I promised somewhere that I would explain what I did, which I have to do anyways because I know I promised to review every concert I'd go to this year and I went to London for a concert. So here it is, I guess this will have three parts because otherwise it will be way too long.

April 11th

I flew to London last Wednesday and since no one could drive me to the airport I had to go there by myself, which was kinda an adventure on its own. I got to the airport and I took the flight, which was boring as usual and uneventful, except that I got to see the English Channel with France in one side and UK on the other one. I landed in Luton Airport in a nice and sunny English weather.


I took a bus to Victoria Station and then to the hostel. From there I went to the National History Museum because I had a ticket for the "Animal Inside Out" exhibition.


There was a really LONG queue outside, but since I had a ticket for the exhibition I didn't have to queue. I have to say that the museum was crowded with kids, specially the dinosaur permanent exhibition. I enjoyed it, the building is amazing and the exhibitions are almost endless. After wandering around the museum I went to the "Animal Inside Out" exhibition which is like "Bodies" but with animals, it was not as shocking as "Bodies" but it was really instructive.

I grew tired of walking around and decided to go back to the hostel, but since it was still early I decided to go to Hyde Park just because it was so close to the hostel.




I met a squirrel and we had some nice conversation, basically I did the talking.


And that was the end of day one. I think I'm going to leave it here and continue tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment