4/26/2014

A Story A Day. Story 112 of 365: Bargaining.

-Where am I? What is this?

He looked around, but there was nothing to be seen, only white everywhere. "There has to be a door, somewhere" he though walking towards the wall. Only the wall was not a wall, it was nothing. His surroundings shifted and became the familiar streets of his city. There was no one in sight, and the city looked brand new.

-Welcome, Ron. This is your new home.- a voice said.

He looked around, but there still was no one. He looked up, and he looked down, but nothing.

-Who are you? Where have you taken me?

-It doesn't matter who I am.- the voice seemed to move from one place to another, sounding both close and far away at the same time.- And this is death.

-You gotta be kidding me.

-This is no joke, Ron. You are dead.

-I can't be dead! This is clearly a mistake, I have so much to do! I'll do whatever, I will be a better person, I promise. I'll tell my wife I love her. I will even start exercising! Just take me back!

-Ron, this is not how it works,...

-I'll become a priest, if needed. I will pray every day. Please, please, please, take me back!

-Ron, I am no god. And this is not hell, nor heaven. This is death and there is no escaping death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment