9/15/2014

A Story A Day. Story 254 of 365: Cage.

I am trapped inside this wooden cage, unable to escape. Énna is outside, telling me to calm down, that I will not be able to get out, but he is not the one who is trapped. I got in through a hole and now I don't seem to be able to get out. There is no other way out, the only way out is up, and I don't fit anymore. I'm panicking. I want to feel the free air on my face again. I don't think about anything, only about getting out. Énna is still outside, he has brought me some food.

-Aderyn, Aderyn, eat some, calm down.

-How do you want me to calm down?- I yell at him.

I can hear the giants outside the cage, but I don't understand what they say. I see one of them looking at me, it is huge. Why won't it open the cage?

I got inside the cage at midday and the sun has already set. I am tired, and all my body hurts. Énna is still outside keeping me company. He has brought more food, but I can't eat anything. He insists, I need strength to get out, he says. I fall asleep without noticing, and the rays of sunshine passing through the slits wake me up. I try to get out again, but only because Énna insists. Deep down I know I will die inside the cage, I know I won't be able to spread my wings next to him ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment