9/30/2014

A Story A Day. Story 269 of 365: Protector.

I woke up suddenly one night. I was as if I had been electrocuted. My eyes were wide open, my heart was pounding wildly. I could feel there was someone else in the room, but it was too dark to see. I tried to move but I was paralyzed. I panicked. Someone was in my room and I was unable to move. I heard footsteps approaching my bed. And there was nothing I could do. As the person approached, it was easier to make out its silhouette. It was a dark figure with a very pale face. It had large hands with long bony fingers. He touched my cheek and I could feel the cold. Immediately afterwards, I fell asleep.

I woke up the following morning still filled chilled to the bone about what had happened. The first thing I did when I opened my eyes was to check that the mysterious person wasn't still there. There was no trace of it. I talked to some of my friends, and they told me that it had probably been sleep paralysis. I forgot about it for a while, and thought it would never happen again.

However, it did. It was almost the same situation, yet this time the figure was much closer. I felt my skin tingling with fear. It approached its face to me and whispered in a genderless voice "They are coming, I'll protect you". After that the room became so dark I thought I had gone blind. I heard screaming coming from other apartments. Screams that turned my blood cold. There was hitting, crying, and screaming. It sounded as if someone was ripping my neighbor's bodies apart. The screaming lasted for most of the night, until, suddenly it stopped. The figure appeared again, and leaning over me it said "You're safe now". I can't remember anything else after that, but the next thing I know is that the police woke me up in my bed. I was the sole survivor of a massacre, and they had questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment