3/31/2018

A Story A Day. Story 354 of 365: Best (Part XXIV).

Leo was the one to break the silence.

-Listen, I don't expect you to reply to this now. I know you're not told such a thing every day, but I also want you to know that I only said it because I'm sure about it. And I've been sure about it for some days, I'd like to say that I've been sure about it since the moment I first saw you, but that would probably creep you out even more. I just want you to think about it, take your time, I know you need it, you told me yourself. We can take it as slow as you need to, I don't want you to feel pressured, and if we need to pretend this conversation never happened, I'm okay with it.

-I don't know what to say.

-And you don't need to say anything. I don't want you to feel forced into saying something you don't really feel.

-But,...

-Ismene, we are both grown-ups, I know that you'll treat me with respect, and I'll understand any decision you take. I'm just asking you to think about it, and to take a decision when the time is ripe and you feel ready.- she tried to interrupt him, but he kept on.- You told me that we needed to take things slow, that you didn't want to lose control and have sex with me every time we saw each other, and I obliged. It's hard for me, because every time I see you I can't think of anything that isn't you naked on the bed. But I'm restraining myself, I'm making an effort so you can feel comfortable. What I'm asking from you is the same. I'm intense, as you have seen, for me things are usually all or nothing. But I'm willing to have only some of you until you know if it's all or nothing.

-I think I can do that.- Ismene conceded.

-Thank you.

-Only, promise me that you will not be mad at me if it takes longer than you expected.

-I won't.- he sighed relieved.- I'm glad you didn't run away thinking I'm crazy.

-Well, it's not like I could have gone very far, you took me at the world's edge for dinner.

They both laughed and like that the tension disappeared. They stayed there, staring at the sea in silence for some more time, but in the end they had to leave. Leo drove her back home, Ismene looked at the stars through the windows of the car, and fell asleep without even realizing it. She dreamt of the beach in summer, the sun making her skin tan, the cold sea water on her feet, there was no one else there, only her, the sun, the sand, the sea, and the wind. Leo let her sleep, she had a smile on her face. When they arrived to her place, he woke her up softly.

-Ismene, we have arrived to your place.

Ismene simply turned around, looking for a more comfortable position. Leo shook her by the arm.

-Come on, Ismene.

-Mmmmm, I don't want to wake up.

-You can keep sleeping upstairs.

-Take me.- she said, still in her sleep.

-Ismene,...

-Please?

Leo rolled his eyes, she was like a child sometimes indeed. He parked his car properly, opened her door, and took her in his arms. She was surprisingly light, and completely asleep.

-Is, the keys. Ismene!

She seemed to react to that. Leo left her on the floor, and she looked for her keys.

-Are you seriously this sleepy?

-Wine makes me sleepy. It's your fault for making me drink.

-You had like two glasses!

-Shhh. Shut up and come with me, I want you to stay in tonight.

She fumbled with the key until she opened the front door, and took him inside by the hand. He helped her open the door of her flat, and she took him in her room. As soon as they entered she collapsed sleeping on her bed.

-Ismene.- Leo tried to wake her up again, unsuccessfully.

He shrugged his shoulders, and proceeded to undress her and put her inside her bed. He took of her bra, but left her underpants on, he figured she would me more comfortable like that. After tucking her under the sheets, he took off his shoes and his belt and lay down beside her. It didn't feel right to sleep naked as he usually would, she was vulnerable at that moment and he wanted her to feel safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment