3/11/2018

Open position

Léa had given me all the information and resources I could need for the case, but as we had agreed, she left the case to me. I spent several weeks studying the objective and trying to find a way to infiltrate into his life. His name was Rémi, he was the CEO of a company, middle-aged, married with two children in their late teens. He had a private office on Rue de Rivoli overlooking the Tuileries gardens, but the headquarters of his company were in La Défense, where he spent most of the time. In fact, the building on Rue de Rivoli seemed to serve for only one objective, cheating on his wife. 

According to the folder that Léa had given me, he routinely abused his position with younger employees of his firm, and his last resort was always taking them to Rue de Rivoli. After that, he usually forgot about them sending them to some obscure department in the company where he would never see them again. Some had tried to denounce it, but he had too much money and there was nothing the girls could do. He had even threatened some of them. And it had to stop. 

I thought about it for a long time and it soon became apparent that the only way I would be able to get close to him was to get a job at his company. I knew that Léa would probably have contacts, but I needed to be inconspicuous, I needed to be a girl who was desperate for money and who would do anything to keep her job. I waited for weeks until there was an open position as a secretary in his company. Léa had provided me with a personal story and an address at the house of an elderly aunt who had kindly welcomed me into the big city. I sent my CV and waited for the phone call on the burner phone I would not have been able to obtain without Léa’s help. 


When the call came, I was ready. I arrived for the interview the following day, dressed modestly, as my character demanded. Two days later, I was confirmed to have the job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment