2/08/2017

Dream On. Chapter 16: The call.

Previously...

The call

Albert took up the phone with his heart still pounding on his chest, and the feeling that he didn't know where he was.
-Hmm?- was all he could say.
-Tell me about your dream.- a voice told him from the other end of the line.
-Hmm?- he replied, still confused.
-Albert! Tell. Me. About. Your. Dream.- it was his grandmother.
-Grandma! I’ve been trying to talk to you for ages!- he told her, feeling his mind much clearer.- Wait… WHAT? How do you know what I dreamt?
-I don’t know what you dreamed, I only know that you dreamed, it’s too long and we don’t have time, just tell me what you dreamed.
Albert told her everything, every detail. When he finished his grandmother remained in silence.
-So, what do you think?- he asked nervously.
-You said that you know the girl that saved you?
-I do.
-Stick to her.
-Well,… I don’t think she would want to see me right now.- he said embarrassed.
-Look, I don’t care what you did, just go and apologize, find a way to stay with her as much as you can. And do not tell her about the dream, this is very important.
-Ok, I’ll do my best.- he promised- By the way grandma, I wanted to talk about something else with you…
-Not now.- she interrupted.
-But…
-Listen, we can’t talk about this now, when are you coming back for Christmas holidays?
-On the 21st of December.
-Ok, I’ll pick you up, we need to talk privately, and if your mother says anything we’ll tell her that it was a surprise. See you in two weeks.- and she hung up without even saying goodbye.
Albert stared at the phone angrily. Why couldn't his grandmother be like everyone’s, and bake cookies, and call her grandchildren to tell them nice things? Lara had always done what she wanted to, that was for sure, but if she was so worried about him why wouldn’t she pick up his phone calls?
-Here you are, casanova!- said Robert entering the room.
-Don't call me that.- he replied, annoyed.
-Why not? You got here really late, or should I say really early? Anyway… the bars close much earlier than the time you arrived.
-Well, we walked back…
-Aaaaaaaand?
-I screwed it up. Let’s stop talking about me, what about you with Dalia?
-We’re talking about you now. If I’m happy with what you tell me I might tell you about my night.
-Ok, we stayed in the bar ‘til late, then she told me that she wanted to walk back to the campus. When we were getting here the sun started rising and we stopped to watch the sunrise. After that, I walked her to her dorm, and then I kissed her…
-No, you didn’t- said Robert in disbelief.
-Yes, I did, and she got mad at me, and now my grandmother wants me to apologize to her because of this strange dream I’ve had.
-And on top of everything… you’ve dreamed about her!
-Not about her, but she was in my dream.- then he explained everything to his friend and roommate.
-Hmmm, so you dreamed about the cathedral too… you know? Yesterday I sneaked in.- Robert said when he finished.
-You?
-Yes, me. Though to be fair it was Dalia’s idea, and I dreaded every moment of it. Not only was it creepy on itself, but there was some kind of secret meeting that gave me the chills. Anyway, your grandmother told you to apologize to Myriam and that’s what you should do straight away.






















No comments:

Post a Comment