2/12/2017

Dream On. Chapter 17: Apology.

Previously...


Apology

Albert and Robert crossed the campus together and headed to Myriam’s dorm building. They passed in front of the Library, and through the gardens where some students were hanging out. After walking for thirty minutes they finally arrived at their destination. Some girls were having tea on the front porch, enjoying the autumn sun, Dalia was among them.
-Hi, guys,… you’re early!
They looked at her without understanding. Then they looked at each other.
-We had to meet for dinner at 6.- she sighed.
-Oh, yes, we didn’t remember…- Robert apologized, getting all red.
-We actually came for something else… Is Myriam around?
Dalia looked at him suspiciously.
-I’ll go check.- she decided after thinking for a while.
They looked at her as she entered the building, and stood there awkwardly feeling that the rest of the girls were judging them. They saw Dalia getting out of the building shortly after.
-She says she doesn’t want to see you.- she stated crossing her arms in front of her chest.
-Fuck!- Albert cursed.- Tell her that I came to apologize.
-She looked pissed, why should I do that?
-Please. Make it as a favor for a friend.
-Ok, I’ll do my best, but I can’t promise anything.
She got back inside, and now it took her much longer to get back outside. The curiosity of the girls that were in the porch had grown exponentially after they heard the word “apologize”, and they had stopped to glance to plainly stare at them. Albert started shifting his weight from one foot to the other as he used to do when he got nervous. They finally saw Dalia come out of the building with Myriam following her.
-Let’s go.- Myriam told him when they got face to face.
Albert saw that she hadn’t slept much, there were bags under her coffee-colored eyes, and her hair, usually smooth, was in disarray. He followed her into the forest until she stopped in a clearing. She sat on a trunk and signed for him to seat next to her.
-Look, I’m sorry, I got carried away…- he started.
-No, I’m the one who should apologize. I really like you and I love my boyfriend, or so I thought, but now I just don’t know what to think. Yesterday, when you kissed me, it felt so good, it felt… right. But then, I remembered about Tom and I was just too confused.
He embraced her as she started crying.
-Just promise me you’ll let me some time to put my thoughts in order.
-I’ll, but you’ve to promise me that we’ll stay friends until you decide what to do.
She nodded holding back her tears.
-So, what about the singing lesson you promised me yesterday?- he said to break the tension.
-You seriously want to learn?- she said laughing, her eyes shining from the crying.
-Yes, I’ve decided to start doing more things, to enjoy more campus life, I’ve signed up for the rugby team too.
They stayed in the clearing talking about random stuff until the light started to get dim.
-I’m going to have dinner with Dalia and Robert, wanna join?-he asked her.
-Sure, why not?- she replied with a smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment