2/19/2017

Dream On. Chapter 20: Back home.

Previously...


Back home

As Albert's grandmother had promised him, she was waiting for him at the station. He carried his luggage off the train and hugged her.
-I'm glad to see you, grandma.
-I'm too.- she replied, although she did sound more concerned than excited. - C'mon, let's take this to the car.
She helped him with his luggage, and then he drove him, in silence, to her house.
-Get in.- she said dryly.
When they got in she led him to the kitchen and out a mug of coffee in front of him.
-So you met her...- she said, it was not a question.
-Who?
-The girl I warned you about.
-Yes, I did. But how do you know... are you, too?- he asked in confusion.
-No, not really, I don't have the power you have. I just can sense when one of you has a dream, and when it is in danger. And believe me, that girl is a great danger, not only for you, but for the world.
Again, the association of Marla with danger, how could someone who looked so stunning represent such a threat? He didn't understand it, yet he could feel the hazard well enough.
-So, what do I have to do?- he questioned in despair.
-Well, do what I told you, stick with that girl of your dream, and we can only hope that your power will stay dormant until you're strong enough. By the way, you'll need to start doing some mental exercise before going to sleep. I need you to control your dreams even if they are only normal dreams.
-But if my power is in my dreams why do I need to learn to control them?
-When you're dreaming your powers are active, but you're also most vulnerable because you can't know for sure what is real and what is not. Remember this, they can trick you to think that what you're dreaming is real and make you do something you would never have done.
-Ok, then... how do I control my dreams?
-Every night, before going to sleep, you need to empty your head of any thoughts and focus in one specific thing, only one, that needs to change every night, I don't care what is it, but start with something that's easy to picture, like a beach or the sea. Think only about that while you're falling asleep and as you start dreaming force yourself to keep that image in focus, it will be hard, I know it, but this will allow you to fight any external interference that you could have. Will you do it?
- I will- promised Albert.
-Good.- she said smiling for the first time. -Now let's go surprise your mother.
She drove him to his parent's house while he explained to him what had happened of new in town.
-Your sister has grown a lot, she's a really beautiful young woman. And the twins have been missing you tons, apparently.
She pulled off at his parent's drive yard and told him to go ahead. He got off the car and ran to the door. He rang the bell once and waited. The door opened in a burst and he found him on the floor with the twins on him.
-Boys! Let him up!- Asha told his half-brothers, then she helped him in his feet and embraced him.- I'm so happy you're back!







No comments:

Post a Comment