3/20/2021

Breath

Your breath
heavy next to my ear,
whispering sweet nothings
and twisted fantasies,

telling me how beautiful 

I look today. 

My breath

irregular between sighs,

my mind too lost 

to even think of a reply

about how good I feel

with your skin against my skin. 

Your lips

tasting of me,

tasting of us,

tasting of you,

tasting of the wine

we drank as we were still

sitting down. 

Your sweat

dripping on me, 

mixing with mine,

and ending on the sheets

that are crumpling 

under our weight. 

Your tongue 

tracing my neck,

as I lean and arch.

My arms 

against your back, 

holding you close, 

making sure that 

I still have something solid

to cling to. 

All my senses

focused in the places 

where our bodies met,

the outside world 

lost to me,

lost to us.

My eyes

closed,

my teeth

biting your shoulder, 

my nails

clawing to not let you go. 

And then,

release,

the breath

deeper,

a smile 

on my lips, 

the weight of your body, 

on mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment