3/23/2021

Mirror

look into the mirror and I see,
all the things I don’t like plain in front of me.
I see my stomach,

which I wish was flat,

I see the scars,

that all these years have left by,

I see the stretch marks,

reminding me about how my body has changed. 

I see every little try thing

I would like to change. 

I focus on every little thing

no one else can see. 

Here are the things

I would like for me to see instead,

I would like to see my legs, 

long and strong,

that have defied the odds

and walked for miles, 

just so I could see

the beauty of the world. 

I would like to see my back,

muscular and wide, 

which will allow me to carry

the weight of the world on it. 

I would like to see my arms

which I use every day,

which allow me to feel free

when I swim in the open. 

But most of all, 

I would like to see what other people see,

how they see me past all the tiny things,

only I can see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment