3/05/2021

Lights out, lights on

Lights out,

sweaty bodies, 

the music is loud, 

all around me. 

Light on, 

a pair of eyes

across the room

burying on mine. 

A smirk, 

a wink, 

a wave, 

bodies moving through the crowd. 

A hand, 

a waist, 

a tongue, 

tasting the alcohol in your mouth. 

Lights on, 

lights off, 

lights on, 

lights off. 

Around us, people dance, 

and I haven't asked for your name, 

and you don't even care about mine.

The world is here, 

reduced to your lips on my lips, 

your tongue on mine, 

your teeth biting down. 

My hands tangled in your hair,

your hands in the pockets of my jeans, 

grabbing me,

pushing me 

closer to you, 

as if there were any space left,

between my chest and your chest. 

Lights on, 

lights out, 

lights on, 

lights out. 

My back against a wall,

sticky and wet, 

from all the bodies moving at the same time. 

My breath ragged, 

your mouth on my neck, 

your saliva mixing with my sweat. 

Lights on, 

lights out, 

lights on, 

lights out.

I close my eyes, 

my senses lost, 

my touch focused where

your body touches mine. 

The lights turn on, 

and you are gone,

no trace of you,

other than your taste in my mouth

and the lingering feeling of your touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment