3/15/2021

Changing seasons

 In winter,

your fingers like snowflakes,

melting on my skin.

In spring,

your lips like petals, 

soft against my lips.

In summer,

your breath like the heat,

blowing on my neck. 

In autumn, 

your hair like leaves,

dancing slowly on my chest. 

Like the seasons,

you change,

like the seasons,

I wait,

always hoping to get the part of you

that I can’t have. 

Always wishing for snow

when I have warmth,

for flowers,

when I have changing trees. 

Always wishing you could give me

all the seasons at once,

instead of one at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, I was wondering today if you’re still in New York and how things might be going for you. I no longer use the SoMe platforms that I remember you from. And i don’t expect you’d reply, but just saying hi anyway and sending good vibes and good wishes for continued success

    ReplyDelete