3/17/2021

Dreams

 We sleep

side by side,

our heartbeats filling each other’s silence,

our breath

slow and so soft 

they barely push around 

the dust motes

dancing in the sun.

We dream

side by side,

our bodies touching,

our minds universes apart. 

In my dream,

I’m by the sea, 

the wind pushing me,

the rain drenching my clothes.

In your dream, 

you’re someone else,

someone who doesn’t love me,

someone who doesn’t know me. 

My dream calms me down,

giving me the depth of the ocean,

the strength of the wind,

the persistence of rain. 

You dream makes you wonder,

of other lives 

and other choices,

of other paths to take. 

We dream

side by side,

in the same house,

in the same room,

on the same bed. 

We dream

side by side,

and, yet, 

we couldn’t be further apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment