3/22/2017

Dream On. Chapter 41: Seeking a solution.

Previously...

Seeking a solution

Those next days were hectic for Albert. He would go to class whenever he had lessons and then run back to his room to keep on with the book reading. He didn't have any kind of social life, he had to lie to everyone, telling them that he was really busy with school things. He even considered reading the book in his dreams, but he knew that he had to stop that and it was the hardest part. The first night he tried to sleep without dreaming he didn't succeed, he found himself walking around the university campus without having even thought about it, he forced himself to wake up and try again. The second night he did a bit better, he did dream, but it was just a plain dream, the kind everyone has. But he couldn't have those either, the book was clear about it, no dreaming. He started feel extremely tired and decided to follow the diet the book suggested, he hadn't eaten so much in all his life, but in some way, he knew his body needed it.
Avoiding Marla was proving to be easier than he thought it would be. She could be seen from far away thanks to her new habit of dressing in red. Additionally, she seemed to be ignoring him as she was ignoring everyone else. The weekend arrived fast, and Albert knew that the time until he had to confront Marla was shrinking. He stayed most of the Saturday in reading the book and growing frustrated as he realized that there was nothing that could help him defeat her. The book only explained how to protect oneself from the external attacks, but it considered such a small threat that it was only part of a chapter. It looked as if no one ever thought there could be someone more powerful than the Dreamers. But there was now and Albert would need to find a way to fight against it himself. He was so focused that he didn't even hear his phone buzzing. He didn't even get out to eat as he had some food lying around his dorm. Mid-afternoon he heard the door opening but he didn't even bother about it as he thought it would be Robert coming back from lunch.
-Will you get out of your room some day?
-Myriam? What are you doing here?- he asked surprised.
-I decided that if you didn't want to come see me I'd come see you.- she sat on his bed casually.
-I'm busy, it's important.- he felt guilty about spending so little time with her and his friends.
-I don't care, you need to get out of here, have some fresh air. It's not the first time you seclude yourself in here. It's not healthy.
-But, you don't understand it...- he started.
-Then explain me. Remember that I told you we would go through this together. I'm here for you.
-You are in danger. Haven't you seen how Marla has come back after this month she has spent who knows where? She's really dangerous now and she wants me to work for her. I don't even know on what, but I know I don't want to be involved in it. So to protect you, to protect my family, I need to become a wall, I need my powers to shield you. And I need to learn how to do it now because on Tuesday I'll have to give her my final answer.
-We can't hide away all our lives, don't you see it? If we do that she wins. I'm not saying that we don't have to take care of ourselves, but we can't be scared forever.- she said looking into his eyes.
She stood up and locked the bedroom door.
-You need to relax a bit, get out of this room. Have fun, but first I believe we have something pending...
She smiled as she got close to him and started kissing his neck. Albert reached to her and kissed her furiously as they both undressed in a hurry. They fell into the bed, a tangle of limbs, and Albert kissed her all over trying to drink of her hope, of her optimism. Myriam started breathing heavily not long afterwards urging him inside her while they kissed.
-You're wonderful, I love you.- Albert told her while lying on his side next to her.
-I love you too.- she replied kissing him once again.-Again?- she laughed feeling him hard.
Albert shrugged his shoulders and smiled shyly before kissing her hungrily again.
-Okay, okay.-Myriam conceded.-But after this you're getting out of this room.





No comments:

Post a Comment