3/28/2017

Dream On. Chapter 45: Almost a confession.

Previously...

Almost a confession

Robert could not sleep that night, thinking about what he had done wrong. He tossed in the bed for hours until he decided to go downstairs to the common room and study a bit there. The morning found him sleeping with his head on a book. He was awoken by the light that entered through the window and the noise of his dorm mates going for breakfast. He decided to return to his room and hide away from all that noise. Albert was already awake too, and he was dressing after the shower when his friend arrived.
-I'm impressed now, you managed to stay out until now?
-No, I didn't. I was sleeping downstairs, I couldn't sleep in here.
-Ummm, so it wasn't as you expected, I guess?- he inquired.
-It was really good for a long while, we laughed, we talked, and we kissed.
-So?
-She started crying telling me that she didn't deserve me, that I was too good for her, and that she wasn't the kind of person I thought she was. So we came back and we didn't say anything for the whole trip.
-Why would she say that? We know her, she's nice.
-I know, I'll try to talk to her again today.
-Don't push her too hard, maybe she's just scared she's going to lose you as a friend if you become something else...
-I don't know, but we need to talk this through for sure. And I have to make her understand that I love her the way she is, that there can't be anything so terrible that would make me love her less.
-When are you going to see her?
-I don't know yet, I sent her a message, but she still hasn't replied.
-If you want I can talk Myriam into convincing her to talk to you.
-No, please, I'd rather you don't unless it's really necessary.- Robert told him.
-Well, if you need me you know where I am. I'm going out with Myriam today, see you later!
Robert was left alone in the room. He decided to get himself a shower and then study a bit more. The shower helped him feel more relaxed and he was able to focus for a couple of hours. Then his phone buzzed with a message from Dalia telling him to meet her for lunch. He ran to meet her, he just couldn't stand the pressure. She greeted him embarrassed and they walked together to the canteen.
-Listen, Dalia, I don't care if you think you're not good enough for me, I don't care about anything. I like you, I really do.- Robert started as they sat down.
-Robert.-she said looking into his eyes.-I'm not the person you think I am.
-I know exactly who you are. You are a strong person, who has fought for what she wanted to do and who will keep doing so. I also know that you are really sweet and that you would never hurt anyone. And you are smart, smarter than you think. And on top of that, you are a good person.
Dalia stayed silent while tears streamed down her face. She shook her head.
-No, I'm not.- she said sobbing.
Robert reached for her hand over the table and calmed her down.
-Yes, you are.
-Robert, I'm mean, and I'm wicked, and I'm treacherous. I wish I could tell you why right now, but I can't. And the day I tell you, the day that you realize what I actually am, you will hate me with all your heart.
-I am your friend, no matter what, I'll be there for you and you can rely on me for anything you need. But don't say things about yourself that aren't true.
-You will be there for me?- she asked looking into his eyes.

-I will.- Robert assured her.

No comments:

Post a Comment