10/20/2013

Coyoacán, Frida Kahlo's museum and a real Mexican lunch

So, today, my boss in here drove me to Coyoacán. It is a really nice place with colonial-style buildings and lots of people selling artisanal stuff, playing instruments or simply walking around enjoying the weather (which was really warm this morning). 

Apparently Coyoacán means something like land of wolves (if I understood correctly) and there is a fountain with a sculpture. 


Also, in Coyoacán there's the Frida Kahlo  museum. In there you can see her works, some of them unfinished, but not less impressive, and her house, where she lived until her death in 1954. She had a really hard life, being struck with disability twice in her life, once with polio when she was a child, and afterwards she was in an accident. Because of the accident she was unable to have kids and she was really traumatized about it. Regardless, she was a strong woman and you can see it in her paintings. I was really impressed by the museum. If you ever go to Mexico make sure you can pass by. 




After that I was invited for lunch and had a real Mexican lunch. I ate sopa de tortilla, which was delicious, sopes and pan de muertos. If I keep this pace I won't be able to fit in any of the clothes I've carried with me... 













No comments:

Post a Comment