10/25/2013

Riding the bus

Today I got on a Mexican minibus. If you've never been on one, I can tell you it's quite a experience. 

For a start, they go around with the doors open so people can hop on and off whenever they want. Sometimes the bus stops, sometimes it just slows down to a speed when people can get off without breaking an ankle. Also, they are insanely cheap, like it only cost me 4 Mexican pesos which is a bit more than 20 cents (euros, not dollars). 

I rode it both in the morning and in the afternoon. The morning bus was full of people and some kind of latin music was blasting on the radio, I was just too sleepy to even care (FYI: I get really sleepy after having breakfast, even if I had 8 hours of sleep, I don't know if it's the jet lag or the altitude). In the afternoon a guy with a guitar and an harmonica got on and started playing music. It was nice actually, I had never listened to live music on a bus before. 

There are no photos of the bus ride. But I can tell you it was quite an experience, and one that I'll be repeating quite frequently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment