10/23/2013

Mexican cold

So, yes I've got a Mexican cold. Well, actually it's a common cold and not even a really bad one (at least for now), but since I'm in Mexico I'm going to say it's Mexican (it makes it more exotic, as if you were on a beach under the sun taking care of your cold (FYI: I'm not)). This is the second time I have a cold since January (yes, I was really healthy for these last 10 months) so I've decided to make a list on why did I get a cold (also because I'm kind of tired of working all day long).

Reasons why I have a cold:

1. Jet lag. Yes, jet lag is a bastard. Not only it makes me want to go to sleep BEFORE 8 pm, and wakes me up in the middle of the night, but ALSO makes my body think it's ok to let everything come in and get comfortable (like this cold).

2. I'm not eating well enough. This one is because of jet lag too. I wake up starving, I have breakfast and then hours pass and I'm not hungry, I'm not hungry for lunch, I'm not hungry for dinner. Actually at dinner time I just want to sleep. So I don't have enough vitamins or anything to support a proper immune system (or whatever).

3. It's been too long since I did any sport. I really really need to go for a run.

4. Altitude. This city is too damn high. I mean, seriously, whose idea was it to build a city ABOVE 2,200 meters?!

5. Weather. This weekend was sunny, and rainy, and sunny again. But now it's rainy and warm, and then cold, and then warm again, and then seas are formed on the streets so you can't help but get your feet soaked. So much for the dry season. (Yes, I know there's a tropical storm, I hope that it doesn't do much harm in the part of Acapulco where they did suffer the worst part of the storms in September).

6. Revenge. This is clearly a revenge. Let me explain it, we, Europeans, came here and spread diseases that killed lots of the original inhabitants of these lands. Therefore, now, I'm just suffering something that my body is not used to, like they did back then.

I've to say that the point I like the most is revenge. It makes sense and it would be fair. Anyway, poor poor immune system of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment