10/03/2013

The need for a place to call home

These last few days I've been talking to lots of people my age who have a completely different approach to life than I do.

Some of these people feel that owning a house is almost an obligation, an accomplishment. some are eager to share their lives with their significant others, their daily routines, their holidays, everything they experience day after day. Some believe that having kids while being young is the ultimate goal. I do not share these views, and I can not do it for now.

Maybe it is because of a relatively disappointing love experience, to call it something. Maybe it is because I have still to find someone whom I can stand 24 hours a day without getting tired of it. But I think it is because I'm fiercely independent.

I got used to be alone in two different periods of my life and now it is hard for me to try to incorporate someone to my square-headed routine. Also, I don't see myself living in the same place all my life, having so much too see who'd voluntarily cut off their wings to be stranded their whole life in a single place?

That's my nomad soul, I guess, but right now there's nothing I'd rather do than take a plane and spend some days on my own. Somewhere rainy and cold, with lots of places to discover, but on my own. I guess that when the time comes, if it ever does, when I actually want to travel with someone, to share a discovery journey with it, then it will mean that I've found real love, and, maybe, then I'll even consider settling down and starting a family. But I know that, even then, I'll still long for loneliness and that, now and then, I'll need to set off on my own to have some space to breathe.

So, maybe it is just that I haven't found the person yet. But I do think that, for now, I need to live a different live, that I don't have roots anywhere and that it doesn't look like I'm going to have anytime soon.

I'm a traveler and a wanderer.
I'm independent.
And above all I'm a solitary.

1 comment:

  1. Tenir algú al costat tampoc vol dir saber aguantar-la 24/7. La clau és coincidir en els moments en els què es vol estar sol.

    ReplyDelete